Jobs of Office Building Facilities Manager
Management of office building facilities in office for lease and office rental cost is one of the important jobs in the operation of the building. However, not all building management fully understand the role or how to effectively perform this work.
What is the office building facilities management in the office for lease?
The system of material and technical facilities including objects, material possessions, and the landscape around the office building… are collectively referred to as office facilities. Office building facilities will include:
- Elevator, monitoring system
- Fire protection equipment system
- Electric lighting system, lighting
- Water supply and drainage system
- Internet and television system
- Audio system, communication
- Printer, projector, fax machine
- Air conditioning system
Management of office facilities is the work that the real estate operation management board needs to perform to build, develop and use the building’s functions to the fullest extent. Through the management of this office building, tenants will be able to fully meet the needs of using facilities and also get comfortable and quality service experiences.
Why is it necessary to manage the facilities of the office for lease building?
The implementation of the management of office facilities will help improve the quality of the building and enhance the operational efficiency of customers. In addition, this work also helps to distribute facilities evenly, avoiding excess or waste of resources and management costs of the office building.
At the same time, the implementation of activities to build a sense of use for customers helps to improve the performance of the facilities in the office. Warranty activities – building maintenance also plays an important role. These activities will limit the interruption and damage of facilities during use. From there, the life of the equipment is extended, helping the investor to optimize operating costs.
An office building with modern equipment and professional management will help investors gain sympathy and trust from customers. Not only that, when the position of the building, as well as the reputation of the investor, is improved, it will also bring sustainable values and economic benefits.
You can read the previous article about office rental cost here: Office Rental Cost Valuation Guide
What does the management of office building facilities include in office rental cost?
The building operation board will plan and organize a specific work schedule for the staff managing the facilities. To perform well in general management, the human resources team must complete the following specific tasks:
- Plan and coordinate personnel and monitor and control the quality of facilities.
- Plan to check and review the system of equipment and facilities on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly basis. This is to ensure that the equipment is always in good working order, meeting the needs of customers.
As for the organizational and management tasks, the work that the building operator needs to do after planning includes:
- Update and summarize the situation and current status of the infrastructure system, then report the overall situation to the investor.
- Statistics, monitoring, and updating the list of equipment used in the office building.
- Receive information reflecting the damage to facilities from customers. After that, the management must promptly handle it to minimize the impact on guests’ activities.
- When problems occur, the management must conduct verification of the extent of damage so that they can make repair and replacement suggestions and work with suppliers to finalize the type and price of goods …
- Responsible for the procurement of machinery, equipment, tools, stationery, etc. At the same time, the management board must also ensure that the contract signing and payment activities take place smoothly. profit.
- Organize and guide customers to use all kinds of office facilities efficiently and economically.
- Build up the responsibility and sense of conservation when using the premises of the tenants of the office building. Through that, these facilities can prolong their lifespan. At the same time, investors can also optimize costs.
How to effectively manage office facilities
To effectively manage office building facilities, the investor needs to prepare a methodical working process. This process should clearly specify the details of the work so that the management can control, operate and maintain the system of office facilities…
Besides, nowadays, the application of modern technology to the management of office facilities has become quite popular. With smart programming applications, convenience, and high accuracy, investors will optimize costs and management time through this software.
Smart investors will often choose for themselves a high-end office building management company with high expertise and real combat experience. These units will help the investor carry out the entire management of the building as well as the facilities effectively.