Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: Travel Experiences
Known as the “city that never sleeps”, Ho Chi Minh city travel guide or Saigon always possesses a strange attraction to any guest. Although the city is modern, it still retains its very own cultural beauty, colorful nightlife, and “trendy” places that are constantly springing up to satisfy the pleasures of young residents and tourists. To fully explore Saigon with unique stops, tourists often choose self-sufficient travel to both proactively schedule and save costs.
Ideal travel time, trip length, and budget in Ho Chi Minh City travel guide
The ideal time to travel to Saigon
Located in the tropical monsoon area with an average temperature of 25-35 degrees, Saigon’s climate is divided into 2 distinct seasons.
- The dry season starts from late December to April next year. This is the time when Saigon is sunny and dry, perfect for walks. However, the temperature will be quite high and muggy in the summer, so you need to prepare sunscreen, a hat, and a protective jacket.
- The rainy season lasts from May to late November with cooler weather. Depending on the time, the city will have sudden big and small rains. Traveling to Saigon this season, don’t forget to keep an umbrella or a raincoat with you.
Although the weather is a little different depending on the season, Saigon is always beautiful, and always ready to welcome you.
How many days should you travel to Saigon
The perfect length for a city tour. Ho Chi Minh City is 3 days 2 nights, just right to visit famous places and eat Saigon specialties. If you have more time, don’t worry, Saigon has no shortage of places to play and can accommodate your long journey.
Estimated budget to eat well – have fun
Travel expenses in the city. Ho Chi Minh City is not as expensive as you think. With a budget of 5,000,000-6,000,000 VND/per person, you can comfortably eat, and pay for the costs of flights, hotels, and basic travel.
How to move when traveling to Ho Chi Minh city travel guide
To the city. Ho Chi Minh City how
Traveling by air to Saigon, it will take you about 1.5-2 hours to fly and land at Tan Son Nhat Airport. Domestic airlines such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways, Jetstar Pacific,… all operate routes to Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City from all over the country. You can easily book flight tickets to Saigon at the Flight ticket section in MoMo’s “Travel – Travel” feature to get the most favorable price.
Train is a perfect choice for travelers with plenty of time, who want to see the scenery of the country along the journey. Train fares to Saigon range from 200,000-1,500,000 VND/way, depending on the type of seat, train type, and time,…
For tourists coming from the central and southern provinces, the bus is the fastest and most economical way to travel. You can easily buy bus tickets to Saigon with the price from 200,000-800.000 VND/way.
How to move into the Ho Chi Minh city travel guide
The price of motorbike rental in Saigon is quite reasonable, ranging from 100,000-200,000 VND/car/day. You can ask to rent a car at the hotel or contact reputable places such as Tigit Motorbikes (0386.518,481), and Bike Saigon (0974.424,163),…
If traveling in a large group or with young children, you can consider renting a self-driving car to take the initiative during the trip.
Having a slightly higher cost than other means of transport, taxis are suitable for large groups of people, or when traveling long distances.
Tech car companies:
With the development of technology car companies such as Grab, Goviet, Be,… Saigon tourists have an equally convenient transportation option. Depending on your needs, you can book a motorbike or car on the app at the listed price.
Owning more than 100 routes covering all districts, Saigon buses are the ideal choice for an economical trip. A little tip is that not every bus stop stops, so when you see the route you want to go, take the initiative to wave your hand to the driver to pick you up.
Only recently appeared, waterbus has become a “fever” when offering the experience of seeing the city by water with a journey of 11km. The most ideal time to take the waterbus is early in the morning, when it is still cool and sunny to unleash your virtual life.
Hotel in Saigon
As the largest tourist city in the country, Saigon owns a system of quality hotels and motels with diverse prices, from high-end to affordable.
- High-class hotels: For those who want to relax, and experience luxury-smooth and modern facilities, 4-5 star hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. HCM will not disappoint you. Some typical names are Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, Sofitel Saigon Plaza, Le Méridien Saigon, and An Lam Retreats Saigon River,…
- Mid-Range Hotels: Suitable for the majority of tourists, 3-star hotels are the most popular choice for a self-sufficient trip to Saigon. With reasonable prices of 350,000 VND/night, comfortable furniture, convenient location, you can consider some central Saigon hotels such as The One Hotel Ben Thanh, Meraki Boutique Hotel, and GK Central Hotel, …
- Budget hotels: With a budget that is not too big, 1-2 star hotels or hostels are the “10” places to stay for young people or backpackers. The addresses that are “remembered by the name” are Full House Saigon Hotel, Emerald Boutique Hotel, and Little Brick Saigon Hotel,…
You can read the previous article here: Bus Tour Ho Chi Minh City: City Tour Saigon Bus
Or follow us on Facebook
Q: What can I do in Hoi An?
Hoi An is a charming coastal city known for its well-preserved old town, colorful lanterns, and delicious street food.
Q: What is Ha Long Bay, and why is it famous?
Ha Long Bay is a stunning natural wonder located in the Gulf of Tonkin in northeastern Vietnam.
Q: What are some popular tourist destinations in Vietnam?
Vietnam has many popular tourist destinations, including Ha Long Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Sapa, and the Mekong Delta.