All About The Office Receptionist
The office receptionist is likened to the “doorkeeper” of the company. Play an important role in connecting the whole company. Ensure full support activities, help departments quickly meet the needs of work.
What is an office receptionist?
Office receptionists are people who work in the office representing the face of a company, business, or organization, having first contact with customers and partners because they perform administrative tasks such as welcoming guests, reception, mail delivery, call reception, appointment booking, etc.
The main job that the Office Receptionist is in charge of
- Welcoming guests who come to work at the company: this is the most basic and important job of the Office Receptionist.
- Guide the guests to visit the office at the company.
- Answering the telephone switchboard/receiving guests by phone. Receive incoming phone calls and connect to the correct departmental address that the customer partner needs to meet.
- Arrange and decorate the front desk neatly and neatly.
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery for each department.
- Respond to emails and provide accurate information to your customers.
- Receive and sort mail to the company daily.
- Monitor office security and comply with company access control by managing records, and distributing cards to customers.
- Manage stationery inventory and order timely according to the requirements of the departments.
- Arrange and schedule important company meetings.
- Prepare all necessary documents.
- Always regularly update documents on expenses incurred in the office.
- In addition, the receptionist – clerical staff also perform many other jobs such as filing, photocopying documents, copying, …
Required skills of an Office Receptionist
Proficient and knowledgeable in professional skills and expertise
- Welcoming guests: Reception staff must have a considerate, attentive, and friendly attitude to make customers feel most comfortable. And especially, the receptionist needs to have good communication skills in English or a foreign language that the business uses.
- Dispatch handling: The front desk department is the focal point to receive incoming and outgoing correspondence from the agency. Therefore, you must have office receptionist skills such as: handling documents, storing, knowing how to use computers, office equipment such as printers, fax machines, photocopiers…
- Prepare meeting rooms: Registration, management, avoid overlapping schedules, logistical support, seating, and preparation of drinking water when needed.
The form must be corrected
- Appearance can be the first impression that customers come in contact with the receptionist such as a friendly smile, neat clothes, showing a quick and skillful manner.
Soft skills for the job
- Always know how to respond and handle problems that arise in the process of working.
- Have good organization skills.
- Know how to manage time effectively, and prioritize important tasks first.
- Have good customer service skills.
For Foreign companies that want to start or expand businesses and look for an office in Vietnam:
We offer a free consultation to support you to find a suitable Office For lease In Ho Chi Minh:
Phone: (+84) 398 716 459 – Available via Whatsapp/ Viber/ Zalo